- Holi Competition is also referred to as Phalguni as it’s noticed on the Phalgun Purnima day.
- Holi pageant is noticed throughout the Spring season (Vasant) which is called the king of all seasons in Hindu faith.
- Krishna has mentioned it the Bhagavad Gita that among the many seasons he’s Vasant. (अहम् ऋतूनां कुसुमाकर:।’’ ऋतुओं में बसंत मैं हूं। )
- All essential poets of historic India have written Holi together with Surdas who has devoted 78 traces to Holi pageant.
- It’s believed in Braj space that Sri Krishna performed Holi together with his associates and made the land fertile and holy.
- It’s a pageant of hope and unity. It’s celebrating the freshness and the regenerating energy of Nature.
Bonfires are lit on the Holika Dahan day. The bonfires are lit in reminiscence of the miraculous escape that younger Prahlad had when Demon Holika, sister of Hiranyakashipu, carried him into the hearth. Holika was burnt however Prahlad, a staunch devotee of Lord Vishnu, escaped with none accidents on account of his unshakable devotion.
The subsequent day is Holi pageant or Dhulandi. Folks go to the properties of associates and kin and play Holi with colours.
You might also wish to learn